Onsite in Cork, Ireland
Do you enjoy technology and unlocking all the features of a new device? Are you also a strong communicator, proficient in German, who can listen to customers with empathy and guide them through setup and troubleshooting with confidence and patience? Apply today to help us build a pivotal new Amazon team!
We’re looking for the right balance of technological savvy and customer obsession to join us in building a technical support team in Ireland for Amazon’s home security brand, Ring. The Technical Customer Support Associate will play a critical role in Ring’s global expansion and commitment to delivering world-class support to German-speaking customers in Europe.
A Technical Customer Support Associate will ensure devices operate as expected and deliver delightful customer support along the way through various contact types, including voice calls, chat, and email. This role will dive deep to diagnose and resolve complex problems and guide customers to the best resolution for their unique needs—always keeping account security top of mind.
Ring provides on-the-job training for specific home security devices and seeks to hire people with an innate curiosity and comfort working in ambiguous and dynamic situations. A Technical Customer Support Associate collaborates with teams across Ring globally to identify, document, and escalate customer issues in a way that will help differentiate the company as a best-in-class support provider.
Current operating hours are 8 a.m.-8 p.m. CET, seven days a week. New hires will work an eight-hour shift and should be available for training 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday, beginning in late August. These permanent positions come with Amazon’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes private medical and dental insurance schemes, a retirement savings plan, eyecare vouchers, employee discounts, and an income protection and disability scheme.
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed service to Ring’s customers
- Serving as an advocate for customers when something doesn’t feel right
- Working with cross-functional support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Investigating and documenting issues
- Navigating across system applications and researching solutions with ease
- Ability to learn about Ring’s products, services, and features
- Providing advanced Ring device troubleshooting solutions
- Communicating trends to leadership and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer
- Delivering empathy while solving complex technical customer issues
- German language proficiency
- Leaving Certificate
- 1+ years of experience working with customers and providing high-quality service
- 1+ years of experience in technical support focused on customer success
- 1+ years providing technical support for mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Strong interest in consumer technology
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in learning new technology
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong English language skills
- Ability to document technical customer issues into notes that are consumable by other users
- Technical curiosity and excitement to learn new technologies and help customers succeed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer, together for everyone. From the first-ever Video Doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making security accessible and convenient for everyone—while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.